Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Picture Post!

So, my camera battery died before I could take the "after" pictures for spring. I have some other pictures to share!
In case I haven't made myself clear, I procrastinate. Big time. So, I had a birthday party to go to on Saturday and around Wednesday I decided I should make her a purse. Because I had some great bamboo handles and she's an earthy girl. And some leftover sage green tweedy yarn from the sweater I made for the hubby. I started and ripped it out about half a dozen times before deciding on a lace leaf pattern over cables or other lace patterns. It was a pain in the arse working around the handles, but I like how it turned out, and so did she!
I even added a couple elastic-top pockets on the inside. I'm big on pockets.
One of the things I wanted to post a picture of is some new yarn I picked up yesterday. I keep telling myself I should use more of my stash, but isn't there always something?! So the conveniently close yarn shop just got in some new Noro. I've never been big on Noro, the color combinations usually appeal to me as much as nails on a chalk board. Usually. Then sometimes they have something come out that I'm absolutely into. And it happens to be the most HIDEOUSLY AWESOME colorway ever! I'm not even going to link to anything. I have to post my own picture so you can see the true glory of lime green, fucshia, purple, teal, orange and more. Picture next post, I promise (along with the spring ones, right?)
So, sew. A friend thought it would be a good idea for me to teach her to sew. I don't really know much, so we did a little project together. It turned out pretty awesome! We went all matchy-matchy to the birthday party.
This, by the way, is the friend who BAKES. And this is the cake of awesomeness she made for the birthday party!
Not only was it super cool to look at, it was chocolate cake with raspberry cream on the inside. My mouth is watering just thinking about it...
And finally, the kiddo:
Tyrannosaurus Rex says "RAWR!"

1 comment:

Abi said...

By the way, I know EXACTLY which Noro you are referring to... I drooled all over it last weekend! :-D

I love the matching tops!